Are Aluminum Die Casting Parts stronger and cheaper than Steel in 2020? –
Are aluminum die casting parts stronger and cheaper than steel?
How can an aluminum die cast part be stronger than a steel weldament? Kinetic Die Casting, Inc. makes an aluminum die casting Boomerang cam lever part for a lift manufacturer that once was a two pound steel welded unit. This unit consisted of two steel plates, 1/8″ thick, with holes drilled, tapped, and welded to steel spacers with a bushing at each end, then painted. Occasionally, these units would fail in the field. Manufacturing costs ran about $7.00 per part in production quantities of 1,000 each week. Another difficulty is that it took three to four weeks to make the first steel part and only a few 100 could be produced a week. This hindered increased sales.
Kinetic Die Casting now produces these parts in aluminum die casting that weigh only 3/4 pounds; the steel unit weighed over two pounds. The aluminum die casting parts are stronger (3x greater axial load) and more reliable. There is no need for paint on the aluminum die casting parts. The Kinetic Die Casting part price of each die casting unit is less than $3.00.
Kinetic Die Casting can help you develop an aluminum die casting that will reduce weight, increase strength, and cost you less money.
Advantages of the Aluminum Die Cast Part over the Steel Weldament:
- 3x greater axial load strength.
- Fewer part failures in the field and fewer returns to the OEM.
- Part weight is 2.5x less in aluminum saving money in shipping cost.
- Production quantities (1,000’s) within a few days instead of weeks as before.
- Production rate is faster as an aluminum die cast part.
- Raw part manufacturing cost is 2.3x less as an aluminum die cast part.
- Finishing cost is less as an aluminum die cast part.
- Better looking parts as a die cast part.
- More details here https://www.kineticdiecasting.com/steel.html
Kinetic Die Casting manufactures die cast parts for their customers. If you would like to know more about what is die casting or if you would like a quote, please visit our website:Kinetic Die Casting Company
Kinetic Die Casting Company 6918 Beck Avenue, North Hollywood, California 91605 USA
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Toll Free: (800) 524-8083 Local: (818) 982-9200 Fax: (818) 982-0877
Die Casting Part Prices
Kinetic Die Casting Company 6918 Beck Avenue North Hollywood California 818-982-9200
No longer interested email from Kinetic Die Casting Blog?. Please email email@example.com to unsubscribe