500 Shots Daily –
Kinetic Die Casting Company uses a process of making 500 to 1000 aluminum die casting parts every day. Last week, in my multiple cavity die casting tool article, I briefly described the die casting shot cycle as: Die Open, Spray, Die Close, Inject Metal, Open Die, Eject Part and Repeat. This takes about one minute each shot cycle.
- Here are the details of each Step of the die casting production cycle:
- Die Open – The hydraulic system opens the die casting machine platens. The die casting mold is attached to the die platens, opening the die wide so the two halves can be accessed.
- Spray – Molten metal will stick to the steel die if a release agent is not used to coat the tool. The cavities, the slides, the core pins and ejector pins are sprayed also to cool them down.
- Die Close – When the die has been sprayed the machine is closed with hydraulic pressure so the two die halves are closed and sealed together. Sometimes, high pressure nitrogen gas is used to speed the die closing.
- Inject Metal – The metal is poured into the shot sleeve and a piston drives the molten metal into the mold. Hydraulic pressure is used to push the metal into the mold. Higher pressures are applied to push out gasses that cause porosity. High Pressure Nitrogen Gas is used to accelerate the piston faster and to add more pressure to squeeze out gasses.
- Open Die – The die casting machine opens the platens
- Eject Part – The Die casting machines moves a movable platen to push against the ejector plate. The ejector plate pushes the ejector pins. The ejector pins push the part out of the cavity
- – Repeat
In a nutshell, This is the die casting shot cycle. Each shot cycle takes about a minute to complete. We make 500 parts a day with a single cavity die.
“The Parts We Make Today, We Ship Today”
Kinetic Die Casting Company 6918 Beck Avenue, North Hollywood, California 91605 USA
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Toll Free: (800) 524-8083 Local: (818) 982-9200 Fax: (818) 982-0877
Original Post: https://www.kineticdiecasting.com/kdc/500-shots-daily/
Kinetic Die Casting Company 6918 Beck Avenue North Hollywood California 818-982-9200
No longer interested email from Kinetic Die Casting Blog?. Please email email@example.com to unsubscribe